Offshore Permanent Met Lidar
Support an offshore met mast during maintenance or in replacement should the mast need removing.
- Remove the need to work at height actively working towards industry Health & Safety best practice.
- Measurements from 10m to 200m provide correlations to existing anemometry at all heights.
- More accurately apply curtailment strategies / wind sector management.
- Undertake measurements in the case of either turbine / turbine component or power loss on site in support of any insurance claims.
- Improve the accuracy of the forecasting model may be used for energy trading, access / egress or planned maintenance forecasting used to reduce Waiting on Weather downtime.
- With 1-second Quality Controlled data, a live feed from a permanently installed Lidar may be used to inform transport movements, for example helicopter lifts and craning.
- With an almost real-time, accurate shear profile, any airborne movements around site can be conducted more efficiently and allow operators to work with a higher level of certainty within their internally approved safety windows for these operations.
ZX 300M provides low 10m measurements through to tip height and above, and can be SCADA / grid integrated providing a new standard in operational wind measurements.