Permanent Met Lidar
Entirely replace the need for a Permanent Met Mast with a Permanent Met Lidar.
- Remove certain planning permits and changes to planning required for tall mast structure.
- Remove the need to work at height actively working towards industry Health & Safety best practice. Remove annual met mast calibration requirements and safety / insurance walkdowns.
- Limit ground-work costs and timescales by installing a simple Lidar compound only.
- More accurately apply curtailment strategies / wind sector management.
- Undertake measurements in the case of either turbine failure / turbine component failure or power loss on site in support of any insurance claims.
- Improve the accuracy of the forecasting model may be used for energy trading, access / egress or planned maintenance forecasting (to reduce Waiting on Weather downtime).
- With an almost real-time, accurate shear profile, any movements around site can be conducted more efficiently and allow operations, for example craning, to work with a higher level of certainty within their internally approved safety windows for these operations.
ZX 300 provides low 10m measurements through to tip height and above, and can be SCADA / grid integrated providing a new standard in operational wind measurements.